Pages

Monday, December 09, 2013

Short Term experience at last November

Last month I got short term job (and it has ended last week).
It was about checking translation for game industry. I could say it was easy, but not simple job. Working in front of game machine and computer at the same time for long hours will take a lot of your energy for sure. 

It was my first time doing checking translation. I always do translation only before.  
Though only on short period, but it was good chance for me to try and learn something new. To be engaged with an industry that I never (or think that I will ) working at before. As usual, I like to observe the people, and made my own judgement (hahaha...)
About how the people work,type and characteristic....

Most of the people who work there, were man, with various style (some with strange hair style in my opinion...). But I send high respect for them, who could bear to work for hours in front of game machine, deal with detail that you will never notice before when you playing a game, but with surprisingly not so high reward.
As a non game-lover, honestly I can't stand to work in front of game machine for hours and days or months, and playing same game, on and on...lol

I didn't know that the process of making a game was very complicated.
So, there are game maker company, and there are also game checking company.
After produce a game, game maker company will ask game checking company to check their game.
And I was dispatched at this game checking company.
We will check the entire game process, system, language, graphic, etc. from the ordinary person opinion. Therefore, in this game checking company for some (or most)position,  you don't need to learn a lot about game or IT skill, some of the worker only has to play the game, on and on  and make reports about the game.

As a dispatch worker, I just handle with the language (translation). So I do not know about the other section.

It was an interesting experience to start my December.
How about yours?


0 comments: